(1 day course)
This course is available for On-Site Training only. We will bring this course to your agency or company.
Contact Don Dickson, On-Site Training Manager at (301) 455-5633 or Don.Dickson@GovernmentTrainingInc.com
A 1-day training session focusing on the benefits of strategic recruitment; effective oral
communications skills for conducting strategic recruitment meetings; and role-playing during
group exercises to practice the skills and competencies for conducting a strategic recruitment
Strategic Recruitment Methodology
- Purpose of the strategic recruitment meeting
- Benefits of strategic recruitment
- Discussion on how generate enthusiasm
- Discussion of the strategies and issues covered on the Pre-recruitment form
- Discussion of flexibility’s outlined in "Recruiting the Best and Brightest at NIH"
- Manager testimonials
- Seasoned staff members demonstration of effective meeting
Using Effective Oral Communications Skills to Conduct Strategic Recruitment Meetings
Sending Clear Messages /The components of effective oral communication skills
IDENTIFYING THE AUDIENCE
- Dealing With Negative Audiences
- Dealing With Hidden Agendas
- Being prepared for questions
INTERACTING WITH THE AUDIENCE
- Eye Contact
- Maintaining Silences
- Controlling nervousness
Discussion of active listening and clarifying skills
"Give Em the Pickle
A video that identifies the major components of great customer service.
- Serving Customers is our Number One Priority
Group discussion leading participants to identify ways to employ these strategies during the
strategic recruitment meeting.
Group exercise where each participant utilizes the skills and competencies discussed in class to
practice conducting a strategic recruitment meeting.